Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Bad week

Not me, this woman - Carla J. Martin

I have no real sympathy for her since I think people who either don't play by the rules or at least dodge the rules in a way that they can't get caught out are fundementally arrogant and deserve what they get.

However, I'm sitting here empathizing about what it would be like to be 51 years old and have your whole professional life fall apart. Cause that's exactly what is going to happen to this woman. I can't imagine that she'll ever get over it.

The story is here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/15/national/15lawyer.html?hp&ex=1142485200&en=ea4c00aff68668c6&ei=5094&partner=homepage

1 Comments:

Blogger Foilwoman said...

I can't even begin to figure out why she did what she did. In the biggest trial she'll ever have a connection to, she directly and blatantly violated the Rules of Professional Conduct and the sitting judges explicit order. What was going on there? And was she obeying orders from someone? Who? And with what purpose? Another non-rational action. Yes. Her legal career is trashed.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home